Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day Of School Butterflies


So tomorrow is the first day of school. Kind of late to start right? But I'm so excited! The first day of school is loved by some, but so hated by others. I think they're really fun. You have to pick out the perfect outfit. Oh, and the hair, must be flawless. How you look the first day, is going to set an impression in others mind for the rest of the year. And I'm an eighth grader this year which means, i get to strut the halls like I own them. Which I will.
The first day isn't just about staking your claim on where you stand and who you will be, but it's really fun too. Not that playing dress up for the perfect outfit isn't or anything. But you get to meet all of your teachers, and try to convince them that you're good. You get to see who is in your class (besides your best friends who you texted the minute you got your schedule!)
I'm so excited though! It's weird because it doesn't seem like tomorrow is really the first day. The summer went so fast. Now, here school is all of the sudden. I'm just like "please wait! Give me a few more days!" But at the same time I'm so ready and I can't wait to be all I can be this year.

3 comments:

  1. After reading your writing, it's hard for me to believe you are so young. You have a gift. Keep on writing! You are very good at it!
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete